Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Aloha Ya'll!



Turning 30 really didn't bother me a few months ago. Maybe I'm already too old to care. Maybe it's not a big deal. Maybe I'm weird because I really think you're only as old as you think you are...in which case I'm still 12. Or maybe it's because I knew I was GOING TO HAWAII!! My best buds from waaaaay back in preschool, Hannah and Brandi, decided we should all get together for a communal 30th birthday celebration. Brandi lives in Ewa Beach on the island of Oahu in Hawaii. We decided this would be a good place to visit and hang out rather than Charlotte or Mocksville.

Link

I think we made a good choice. I did feel a little guilty each time I called home, especially because it snowed something terrible (at least for NC standards). Each morning when I got up, it was lunch time in NC when I called. Both Monday and Tuesday I heard Neil AND Olivia meaning they had a snow day out of work/school. Neil told my friend Kim when she was helping take Olivia to dance that he was going to meet me at the airport with a case of beer under his arm and then disappear. Hey, at least I know they need me.

3 comments:

Meena said...

The pictures are just beautiful. But I can not BELIEVE you do not have one of all three of you in it.

Yo said...

I think Hawaii is the most glorious place on earth and you should in no way have any guilt about going because you'll have the beach memories to last a lifetime now!!! :-) And on crazy days, you will be able to think back on the loveliness of Hawaii to make everything all better...and make you want to book a plane ticket again...

Hannah Keller said...

I realized we have our matching cover ups on in this picture and..... WE LOOK LIKE TWINS! (Just like in the old days with our matching hot pink Umbros.) God may not have placed us in the same womb, but we found a way to make it happen through our shared, and very savy, fashion sense. And does this mean we are going to look back at those cover ups with the same thoughts as we have the umbros-WHY??!!