After work today, I took Olivia to get her hair cut. She was sitting in the little taxi cab at the kids salon, wearing her "watch" as seen in this picture. It is really just a plush princess on a felt slap bracelet. She kept asking for a sucker she saw in the jar on the counter. The girl cutting her hair kept saying, ok, when we're all done, almost done. Finally, to distract her, the girl asked her what she had on her wrist. Olivia replied, "my watch." I asked her what time it was, to which she replied, "time for a sucker."After the salon, I had to run to CVS. In the store, she was going bonkers and I was quickly trying to grab what I needed and get out of there. When I was ready to go to checkout, I said, OK Olivia, let's go, c'mon hurry! She then yelled, "OK Mommy, we got to hurry!!! Is your poo-poo coming out now!?"
Lastly, deadpan humor. She's been going through some major whining lately, for e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g. It has been driving us quite crazy. We were playing puzzles quietly tonight, and I said seriously, Olivia, why do you cry a lot instead of talking to mommy when you need something? She stopped, looked at me, and just said, "Because I'm a spider." Done, no silly giggle, just shut it lady, 'cuz I want to!
5 comments:
i loved that she asked about your poo-poo! still laughing.
Hmm. I think it must be the job of every child to embarrass his or her parents at least a few times.
I bet you turned ten shades of red! You'll have to remind her about that one when she's in high school.
You should start your own reality show. I have been really bummed at the stuff that's on tv, but I would pay money to be a fly on the wall at your house!
Bwaaaaaaaaaaaah ha ha ha ha ha!
SO funny- and SO like you as a kid, as I remember. I loved the "time for a sucker"--she has a quick wit already. Love it.
Post a Comment