Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Self Feeding

I had such a fun weekend with all my girls in the mountains for our annual Christmas party! If anyone has any pictures, please send them to me because I didn't take a one! It's so important for mommies to get away and have some fun sans child, but I sure did miss my Tookie! I returned Sunday to a very clean house and a happy baby -- thanks Neil and Meena!



So, Olivia is all about trying to feed herself right now. This is proving very difficult for both of us. She won't eat unless she can feed herself, which means things take three times as long and there is ten times the mess! She's been eating with her fingers forever, but now, it's all about the utensils. So...considering she loves applesauce and yogurt...well, see the videos for yourself.








As you will see, Bennigan has caught on quickly that self feeding is a definite plus for him! He waits respectfully and patiently until something hits the floor and then it's on!





Lastly, here are two pictures I just found funny from around the house. Olivia LOVES two things these days, one is her chair from Aunt Roo and the other is her oversized stuffed monkey from Grandpa and Cici. The monkey is heavy, but that doesn't stop her from lugging him around and grunting as she does. Here, they watch TV together after she pulled him in her lap.




Lastly, I just walked up to this scene last night. Maybe there is some of me in her yet!

3 comments:

Yo said...

Those videos are too precious dude. And nice photo with the wine bottle, that's a girl after my own heart!

Krankin said...

oh these are so awesome! she is so your child...she would not have been at all out of place at the girls mtn weekend...

Anna said...

Darn she is cute. So smart and wants to do it herself. It is such a little girl thing.