Monday, October 13, 2008

How Does this Work?

So, this is apparently the new rage as I have many friends with Blogs now. I'm not really sure how to do it, but it's got to be easier than Facebook or MySpace. I've recently deleted both accounts, so I'm going to try this now. We don't really do much of anything exciting, but I'll try to keep things updated still.


Our most recent dilemma is how to spell Olivia's nickname. It originated after she was born, and I started calling her "Turkey" because it was near Thanksgiving. That morphed into "Turkey Toodle" which then became "Tookie" by accident. None of this makes sense, which is similar to my nickname not making any sense, but at any rate, we call her "Tookie Bird." The dilemma is that we don't know how to spell the shorter nickname we call her which is phonetically "Toook." Well, if you spell it like I want to "Took" that is really just took, like I took your book. But then it looks weird to spell it "Tuke" like Duke, although that's how we say it. This has only recently become a problem because I email Neil something about her, and I never know how to spell it. We rarely call her by her real name, which could be a problem come to think of it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Easy, how about Tooke? This is funny because Ella's lovey is a bunny, and it's called Toki (pronounced Toe-key), the Korean word for bunny. It'll be easy for me to remember Olivia's nickname. I'm glad you guys started a blog! It'll be so easy to keep up now :)
Love,
B

Kim said...

Yea for you and the blogging! I have been saying forever that you should be doing this-- you are so funny, and Olivia is so cute. I agree with the posting above, I think Tooke is a good spelling, too!

Yo said...

Yaaaaaaaaaaay! Birdoo has a blog! I love reading my friends' blogs and I really do check them almost everyday - so I am super stoked about yours now. I like Tooke as the spelling as well, although I also like Toook :)

Mom said...

Well, she's Little Bit to me! By the way, you do remember how you came to be Bird, don't you? Your Nanny called you Mer-doo, which Andrea couldn't say and it came out Birdoo, which was shortened over time to Bird. At one time, you all were Tiffy-"poo", Mer-"doo", Andy - "roo" and Landon was "boo-boo". Now we have a "Scooooot" and a "Tooook". We have a thing for ooooo's, I guess. Mom